5 Floor Rack Designs That Protect Your Wine From Young Children
Many parents start testing their home before their little one stands up and for good reason. Young children must be safe from anything that could endanger them. It is your responsibility as parents to ensure that your environment is as safe as possible. This does not mean that you should get rid of your wine collection. In fact, here are 5 floor rack designs that protect your wine from young children.
1. Wrought Iron Wine Jail – This unit is a perfect example of a floor wine rack. They come to a height of approximately six feet. It can hold approximately 100 bottles and padlocks for the safety of the little ones. This is sure to give mom and dad the peace of mind that their baby won’t find his way to the wine cabinet. If you have a large collection of wines, this is the perfect solution.
2. Wooden wine rack: You can choose to place a wooden wine rack with a lockable door. By using non-flake paint, you further ensure that your child is safe from anything that is harmful to him. Some people like to screw the racks to the floor or wall, depending on height and weight, to make sure your little one can’t drop them and hurt himself or just break all of his wine bottles.
3. Portable Wine Cellar – There is a long-term solution for those who have a wine collection that they would like to store in a toddler-proof climate control mechanism. This is ideal if you don’t have an actual cellar but still want the collection. Choose not just a wine cellar that is capable of holding a collection of approximately 100 bottles of wine with the lockable door to keep your little one out. An added bonus is an alarm if it’s open for more than a few minutes and a child-resistant temperature control. This portable wine cellar is one that your little one won’t push buttons and will adjust the temperature of the wine from a pleasant chill to a hot summer day.
4. Countertops for floor shelves: If your budget doesn’t allow for a large shelf with lockable doors to protect your son or daughter, try a small portable floor shelf. This one is small enough to be placed on a countertop or shelf out of your child’s reach.
5. Wine Rack with Floor Hanging Shelf – Shelves for the moderate wine drinker are great for finding a place to hang. You can protect your toddler if he has a rack that never touches the floor, where he might get a chance to grab it.