Wood floors in kitchens: a modern trend
Kitchens have always been one of the important places in every home and today they have become even more important. In the past, kitchens used to be a separate room with walls that was almost isolated from the rest of the house. Then came the trend for open-style kitchens connecting with living rooms. This allows the whole family to stay connected to each other. So whether or not you have an open kitchen in your home, the floor has always been an item of concern for you.
The two most common types of kitchen flooring include tile floors and hardwood floors. The best way to choose the type of flooring that suits your needs is to hire the services of a professional interior designer. You can find the best interior designer in your city through the online real estate and construction portals. A professional can help you manage the cost and type of flooring in the most efficient way.
Wood kitchen flooring is a choice of many people in the modern age. Using wood can enhance the beauty of a room, however it also has minor drawbacks. Some people love natural beauty and prefer to incorporate natural elements into their home than artificial ones. These people would rather have the springy feel of a hardwood floor under their feet than hard, tiring ceramic tiles. Below are the pros and cons of hardwood kitchen flooring:
- Looks elegant: Wood kitchen floors look extremely beautiful, and if professionally polished, they are stunning. The timeless look of a hardwood floor never makes it go out of style. Depending on the type of wood you choose for your kitchen floor, it can add true luxury and style to your home.
- Add value to the home: Professionally installed parquet flooring is definitely a great investment. They add great value to your home, which is why many construction companies install wood flooring in the kitchens of the houses they build for sale purposes.
- Do you feel comfortable: Wood floor feels more comfortable and relaxing than any other floor, especially when you walk on it barefoot. It doesn’t matter if it is summer or winter, you can walk barefoot on the wooden floor and enjoy the amazing feeling.
- It is relatively forgiving: If you accidentally drop a fragile item on a wooden floor, there is a chance that it will not break, due to the forgiving nature of the wooden floor. So there is a chance that you will get a second chance with hardwood floors in your kitchen.
- It is susceptible to water damage.: Hardwood flooring is vulnerable to liquids, which is its biggest disadvantage. You need to be very careful about leaks in your kitchen to prevent your hardwood floor from being ruined. Also, the water damages the polish of the wood floor making it dull and less shiny than it actually was.
- Needs frequent cleaning: A wooden floor should be cleaned frequently. Although it is easy to maintain, you need to clean it daily. All spills should be cleaned up and vacuumed up immediately to prevent the floor from spoiling.
- Is very sensitive: There is no doubt that wooden floors are very sensitive. They must be handled with care because they are susceptible to teeth, scratches and stains. Since hardwood flooring needs to be cared for, many people avoid it.
Before deciding to opt for a wooden floor, it is necessary to choose the type of wood such as oak or maple. Softer woods including cherry or pine should be avoided due to their susceptibility to teeth and scratches.