The pros and cons of staying at the Atlantis Resort
The Atlantis is the largest resort in the Caribbean. All the decor at Atlantis is modeled after the legendary lost city and gives you the feeling of being in a long-forgotten city. But the Atlantis is anything but forgotten, it is the largest complex and also the busiest with almost millions of people checking in each year. With six hotels of varying stature, the Atlantis can be a confusing mess to even think about at first. The Atlantis is located on Paradise Island (the island north of Nassau) and occupies probably between 70 and 80 percent of the island. If you’ve ever thought about staying there, this guide is for you. It will give you a description of each of the hotels, all the attractions and the pros and cons of staying at this fantastic resort.
With six different places to stay, Atlantis will have something for you. From the highest quality luxury hotel rooms that cost almost $ 25,000 a night to average rooms that go for $ 150-400, you are guaranteed to find the perfect hotel for you.
- The cove – The cove is the luxury tower that is next to the reef. It is the most expensive tower to stay in due to its luxurious features. The water park, spa, and just about everything else are just a short walk from this tower. It comes with its own private adults-only pool that features an outdoor play pavilion. Rooms range from the Deluxe and Regular Ocean Suites, the Blue and Sapphire Suites, the Presidential Suites, and the Penthouse Suite.
- The reef – The Reef offers luxury and residential-style studios and suites that make vacationers feel at home. It is located next to The Cove and a short walk from all the attractions. This luxury suite is perfect for families and includes studio rooms, suites and penthouses.
- The royal towers – Located in the center of the island, these iconic towers are what the Atlantis resort is known for. It has a central location compared to all the attractions. They are more expensive than other towers depending on the room you reserve. It includes rooms, royal suites, grand suits, presidential suits, the royal suites, and the bridge suite.
- The coral tours – The coral towers are located to the right of the royal towers and are a short walk to reach the pools and water parks. They are cheaper than the actual towers and are in the middle of the road in terms of price. They include guest rooms, royal suites, governors suites, and presidential suites.
- Resort by the port – For those who want to live in a home-style condominium, there are the villas next to the port. It is located on the other side of the harbor, so you will have to take a shuttle to enjoy the many things that Atlantis has to offer. Includes one, two and three bedroom villas. Each villa comes with its own kitchen giving it a home away from home feel.
- The beach tower – This tower is the cheapest of all the other complexes to stay. It is located to the right of the total complex. It is located next to the Atlantis Theater. Includes a shuttle service to all other towers and areas and only includes rooms.
WHAT ATLANTIS HAS TO OFFER
Just talking about the size of Atlantis and the ridiculous number of hotel options they offer makes one wonder if the resort itself is that large, what kind of accommodation does it offer? The Atlantis is known for its specialty accommodations that satisfy the cravings of young and old. The to-do list goes on and on and no matter how many times you’ve been there, you probably haven’t seen it all yet.
General activities – Visit the beach. The Atlantis resort has several beaches that are known around the world for being some of the best. Additionally, the water park offered by Atlantis includes a mile-long tubing adventure, nine waterslides and eleven pools. These alone, alone, are unmatched in any other resort in the world.
For kids / family activities – There are literally hundreds of kid-oriented activities that your family is sure to love starting with Dolphin Cay. Dolphin Cay is where you and your children can swim and interact with hundreds of different types of animals. You can swim with dolphins, sea lions, stingrays, and much more. If you like diving, you can swim with fish in the tanks of their huge aquarium. His aquarium is available to all guests and has hundreds of thousands of exotic fish.
For adults – Atlantis is not all for children. There are daily activities that will make your stay at Atlantis fun. A very popular adult activity is visiting Cain at the Cove. This is an adults-only full access pool complete with a bar and game center. It also has private cabins and is a great way to spend your days on the water. Another popular thing to do is attend Aura nightclub. The club is usually EXTREMELY packed, but if you don’t mind, this could be a fun experience for you. Atlantis always pays for famous singers and comedians to perform in its theater. You can watch a movie, see a famous comedian or singer perform in its huge theater. Finally going to a bar or restaurant is always a good idea. Atlantis has over 40 restaurants and bars that range from incredibly high-end to cheap and low-end. Be sure to check out some of the more popular bars, like Bimini Road, The Mesa Grill, and Nobu. If your thing is to get out and do physical activities, Atlantis has a large pool, tennis courts, and offers a world-class golf course that is open to all guests. They also have a huge gym and spa. You can also go shopping in its elegant luxury stores.
THE PROS AND CONS
- You will never have to leave the resort to experience the Bahamas. Everything is fine for you at the resort. Snorkeling, beaches, swimming, clubs, golf, whatever. You will never have to leave to experience it.
- The pools, water parks, and beaches are world-class and among the best you have ever experienced.
- They do a good job of having both things for the children to do and for the adults so that they are both satisfied.
- The views are impeccable. You can see the entire island paradise from your room in a breathtaking view that will make you never want to leave.
- The personnel is very friendly. Each of the staff members will treat you with respect and help you with any problems you may have.
- There are endless things to do. People say they experience something new every time they are there. The things to do are endless.
- You may often feel like a number. Due to the size of Atlantis, they do a very poor job of making you feel like the experience is about you and many times you can feel like one of many ants.
- Especially if you go in winter, the Atlantis is VERY crowded. Even in the off-season, you will have to deal with the thousands of vacationers staying at the same time as you.
- The Atlantis is EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE. You can expect to pay over $ 6 for a bottled water and that’s not even half. Drinks can cost up to $ 14, and the room itself can be very expensive. While most of the activities are free, you will have to pay for things like Dolphin Cay and entertainment. If you are trying to save money on your vacation, it is not recommended that you even think about going to the Atlantis resort.
- Management is horrible at fixing problems. Due to the size of the complex, it is difficult for management to address an issue in a timely manner. Just another reason why you will feel like a number.
- Restaurants are crowded, expensive, and generally overrated. While they advertise that they have more than 40 restaurants, they forget to tell you that you will have to wait at least half an hour or more to get into one and what is worse, everything is too expensive just like the rest of the resort.
THE BOTTOM LINE
If you are planning a trip that focuses on your wallet and how much you can spend, DO NOT go to Atlantis. While it is a fun experience, you will be constantly paying through the nose. If money is not an issue, you will have an amazing time with accommodation and things to do.