How to join Fantasy Football
1. The first step is to create an account for a website that has access to fantasy football (assuming you’ve decided that you want to try it). NFL.com, ESPN, and Yahoo are some examples that offer fantasy football.
2. Once you have created an account, the next step is to decide how many people you want to compete against. Most leagues are 10- or 12-team leagues, but some can be as low as 8 or as high as 16. For beginners, I would recommend starting at the lower end, like the 8- or 10-team leagues.
3. Next, you need to decide what type of league you want to join. There are several different types of leagues. For example, there are standard leagues, PPR (point per catch), and 2 quarterback leagues. You can even customize the league you want. Leagues can also be for money or free. Money leagues require money to be paid before the draft begins. The cost varies for each league. For beginners, I would recommend doing just the standard because it is the easiest. I would also recommend that beginners join the free leagues before they start spending money on joining a league.
4. Now is the time to join a league. You can join a league with your friends, with people from all over the country, or with both. You can have more than 1 league if you want. I think NFL.com and ESPN can have up to 10 leagues. Deciding on a league can be difficult because there are so many league options.
5. The next step is to create a team name. Team names are supposed to be a lot of fun to create. They can be pretty much whatever you want your name to be. Your team name can be about a certain soccer player, a team, or based on current events. It can also be based on an inside joke with your friends, or it can be something cruel to anger your opponent. The point is, this step is about you and having fun.
6. The draft is the next step. Many people believe that this is the best and most fun part of the fantasy football process. The draft is where you can choose your players. There are 2 different ways of writing. You can do a snake draft (the person who chooses first in the first round chooses last in the second round, then first again in the third round, etc.) or an auction draft. An auction draft is where you can “buy” players to be on your fantasy team.
You have a limit on how much you can spend on the eraser. I have never done an auction draft, but I know that these drafts take a lot longer. I recommend making a snake eraser if you don’t have a lot of free time.