Elope in Snohomish County, Washington: 5 Steps to Getting You to Commit to Marriage
Many couples choose to elope in Snohomish County, Washington state.
Snohomish County is a beautiful county just north of Seattle and offers unique and memorable getaway location / location opportunities. And the county makes it convenient to get a marriage license if you want to get married in three days, next week, or next month!
When considering eloping in Snohomish County, here are 5 steps so you can be engaged and married.
How To Escape Snohomish County Style!
1) Apply for and pick up your license at the Snohomish County Marriage Licensing Office. You can’t elope in Snohomish County without your valid marriage license, so getting your license is one of the first things you need to do.
Snohomish County has a very comprehensive website loaded with all the information you need to apply for and obtain a valid marriage license. You can request and collect your license in person or you can initiate the process by phone and mail. If you apply for your license in person, both of you must show up. The cost of the license is $ 64 and no blood test is required. Note: There is a 3-day waiting period from the date your license is issued before you can get married and your license is valid for up to 60 days from the date it is issued.
2) Decide “where” to escape in snohomish: Snohomish County is popular with local couples and couples traveling to the area because it offers a wide variety of indoor and outdoor getaway venues / locations. Whether you want to get married on the water, on top of the mountain, in a quaint bed and breakfast in the country, or perhaps on a ferry from Mukilteo to Whidbey Island, your options are endless.
Check out the Snohomish County Tourism Office for more information and ideas or consider one of these popular places / locations for your getaway, whether your guest list is 2 people or 10 people.
– River Rock Inn, Arlington, WA
– The bustling boardwalk next to the ferry dock, Edmonds, WA
– A country location, Arlington, WA
– Monte Villa Cottage, Bothell, WA
– Belle Chapel, Snohomish, WA
3) Your guest list: 2 witnesses (and maybe more!) – While planning your escape, don’t forget that you will need two witnesses over the age of 18!
4) Find an officiant or minister who is happy to officiate your escape. There are many wonderful Officers and Ministers located in Western Washington and Snohomish County who would love to participate in your escape. Use the Internet to locate a few people and find a person who resonates with you. Especially if you’re eloping in the popular summer wedding season, make a short list of several candidates, as finding someone can be more difficult during this busy time of year.
5) On your wedding day: show up, get married and present your legal documentation. That’s how it is! Show up for your escape, exchange your vows, and don’t forget to present your legal documentation with the County. Often times, your Officiant or Minister will do this for you as a courtesy. So, move in today and enjoy every moment creating a memory for a lifetime!