5 great kitchen and bathroom countertop options for 2021
Greatly designed kitchens and bathrooms with aesthetic appeal are essential aspects of modern homes. The year 2021 is expected to bring even more innovations in this area, as people would supposedly spend more time in their respective homes. As more and more people explore their culinary skills, kitchens have become their favorite mini picnic spot. A spacious kitchen built with ergonomics in mind is nicely complemented by a good kitchen worktop. All of these add up to make your dining experience enjoyable and worthwhile. Similarly, a wise selection of your bathroom countertops can give you a look that stands out. Let’s look at some of the bathroom / bathroom countertop options that promise to be all the rage in 2021.
- Quartz and quartzite countertops: Quartz countertops are increasingly becoming the most sought after option for kitchen countertops. Quartz is actually a natural stone; however, it is designed to make it a great choice for your countertops / countertops, proving to be even more durable than granite and marble. These countertops are made in such a way that they become scratch resistant and non-porous. As they are not absorbent, they do not pick up stains. They seem to require almost no maintenance. Plus, you have a wealth of options when it comes to choosing the colors, patterns, and shades of your quartz countertops. A great choice is certainly a boost to your luxurious and elegant lifestyle. However, keep in mind that they are not a good choice for outdoor kitchens because they will gradually lose colors in the sun. Quartzite countertops are also widely used; however, they are different from quartz in a way that they are not designed and are natural stones like granite and marble. Quartzite is formed by natural pressure and heating and is made up of more than 90% quartz. While it is quite hard, it is also porous in nature, which means it can absorb liquids and pick up stains. In addition, complex quartzite installations are more expensive because natural stones require custom cuts due to their additional hardness. Therefore, quartz is more likely to be preferred over quartzite countertops.
- Porcelain countertops: Americans are always looking for a different and elegant surface for their countertops. As a result, porcelain countertops are becoming increasingly popular in America. They have already been among the coveted countertop options in Europe. Non-porous ceramic clay is fired at extremely high temperatures to produce porcelain countertops. This makes them resistant to scratches, cracks, heat, and UV rays. Considering that they are protected from UV rays, they are also a good option for outdoor kitchens. However, porcelain countertop patterns are not as deep as granite and marble countertops. Also, since they are mainly imported from Europe, they may not provide very good value for money compared to quartz countertops. However, it will continue to be in demand due to its uniqueness.
- Soapstone countertops: Soapstone countertops are high-quality, low-maintenance countertop options. Soapstone is again a natural stone made from quarry stones and there are fewer color options to choose from and yet it offers impressive design options. Color options range from white to charcoal and there are no pink, blue or green options available. Soapstone is non-porous and hard, making it scratch and stain resistant, and it doesn’t even crack easily. Considering that they assure you more than 20 years of durability, they certainly become a fashionable option for your kitchen and bathroom countertops.
- Marble countertops: Marbles are very often used as kitchen and bathroom countertops. Marbles are metamorphic rocks and acquire a crystalline nature due to their formation by recrystallization. This makes them suitable for polishing. Their dazzling appearance and ultra durability make them timeless, classic, and highly coveted as kitchen and bathroom countertops. However, they are softer than granite and more porous in nature, making them more vulnerable to stains and scratches. Still, their profitability will keep them in demand as always.
- Granite countertops: The popularity of granite may have dropped a bit due to the quartz; however, it is still popular. While granite kitchen countertops are commonplace, granite bathroom countertops are highly sought after as well. This natural stone is exceptionally durable and heat resistant. It also comes in various colors and textures and is easily available in black, blue, green, and red, etc. So there is no shortage of options to choose from and its budget friendliness is a bonus. However, they require sealing from time to time as they are porous in nature. Still, they will continue to offer a great alternative and bring great value to your home.